When: Saturday, November 11, 2023
Time: Staging: 7:00 a.m. Parade Start: 9:00 a.m.
Where: Staging: Parking lot at Riverview Dr./Mission Blvd.
Parade Route: Mission Blvd. between Rubidoux Blvd. and Daly St.
De-Staging: Jurupa Valley Operations Center (5293 Mission Blvd.)
Please note: Floats and vehicles may continue onto Crestmore Rd. to be on display during the Veterans Celebration Festival (located at Flabob Airport) following the parade
- The deadline to submit an application is Wednesday, November 1, 2023
- The parade will start promptly at the designated start time, 9:00 a.m.
- The theme of the parade is Veterans Celebration
- All entries are encouraged to embrace the parade theme
- No participants promoting a polictial group, candidacy, or message will be allowed
- Entries may not exceed 15 feet in height, 60 feet in length and 15 feet in width
- All entries shall provide a banner to identify their entry name. Banners and signage affixed to, or carried in connection with parade entries, shall only indicate the name of the entrant
- A total of only two (2) banners or signs (either two (2) banners, or two (2) signs, or a combination of one (1) banner and one (1) sign) shall be allowed per entry
- Parade participants and entries must be family-friendly and appropriate to be seen by all ages
- Every participant in an entry must complete a liability waiver. Signed waivers can be returned to JARPD staff at parade check-in
- Participants in parade must be fully clothed. All participants are required to be fully covered (i.e., no midriffs, bikini tops or sports bras, etc.), bikinis or two piece bathing suit tops or bottoms are prohibited
- Participants under the age of 6 must be placed on a moving vehicle throughout the parade route
- Everyone riding a motorcycle, bicycle, scooter or skateboard must wear a helmet. Failure to wear a helmet will result from you being able to participate in the parade
- Participants shall not throw any object, including candy, to spectators or onto the street along the parade route during the parade. Failure to follow this rule could result in your removal from the parade
- Participants shall not distribute flyers, business cards, coupons, or other materials to spectators/participants in the staging area, or along the parade route before, during or after the parade. Failure to follow this rule could result in your removal from the parade
- No parade entry shall contain heating devices or open flames
- Entries will only be permitted to have a total of six (6) vehicles. This can be a combination of cars and floats
- This is a forward motion parade. All entries are required to maintain a continuous forward motion at all times during the parade
- Discharge of fireworks or sounding of loud horns is prohibited
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times
- The Veterans Parade Coordinating Committee will review all entries. The City of Jurupa Valley reserves the right to deny access to any parade entry that does not satisfy these guidelines or the theme of the parade
- All information will be emailed to each entry contact. Please ensure you have included a legible email address
- All horses must have experience in a crowd setting, be calm, and manageable
- Every two (2) horses will require one (1) escort walking with them
- Equestrian entries must provide their own “pooper scooper” to follow their entry in the parade route and immediately clean up after horses along the route
- Each participant on a horse is required to wear a helmet
- Please walk only; no trotting on parade route
- Limit to eight (8) horses maximum per equestrian entry
Entries submitted are not guaranteed a position in the parade. The intent of these guidelines is to establish rules to enable the staff to implement a successful and safe parade that can be enjoyed by spectators and participants.